Have you ever accidentally deleted the important messages on your smartphone or left the phone with a child or someone else who erased the texts by mistake? Then this article is a ray of hope for you (for both iOS and Android device holders). Here I am showing you how to Restore SMS/Messages in Android and IOS.
Restore SMS/messages in Android and iOS:
Restore Messages in iPhone
The iPhone Data Recovery application helps you to restore messages even if you didn’t have the time to make a recent backup on iCloud or connected your device to the computer. There is no need to install a different version for each device because this application for iOS works for iPhones, iPadsand the iPod Touch. Once the application appropriate for your operating system is downloaded you can follow the steps mentioned below to retrieve your erased messages.
Restore Messages in iPhone through these following steps-
- The package for iOS comes for $69.95 which can be downloaded here(http://www.recovery-android.com/ios-data-recovery.html), after downloading complete the installation process too on your computer- it works for Vista,7,8 and 8.1, Windows XP, it works on your Mac too(Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8 or 10.9); If this is your first time requiring this kind of support you can opt for the free trial version too.
- The software will be automatically launched once you connect the desired device to your computer. Click on the Start Scan button in order to search for the erased text messages, contacts, photos and other files.
- After pressing the Start Scan button, enter the DFU mode by pressing and holding the Power and Home keys on your phone or tablet for 10 seconds; now release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for the next 10 seconds. Once you’re done the software will let you know automatically.
- Classifications of the contents will be displayed in messages & call log, photos & videos, memos & others. To retrieve your file you can go through its specific category (for e.g.: Messages & Call log; if you want to retrieve a message). Once decided on the file to recover check/uncheck the box to its left and press the Recovery button which sits on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Click directly on the Recovery key if you want to recover all the files; all the files will be automatically selected by the software itself and will be recovered.
In any case, if you have recently used iTunes you may follow the below steps to retrieve the files by choosing the latest backup file from the software. All you need to do is-
- With the help of the USB cable connect your device to the computer. The iTunes software shall launch by itself.
- Once done go to the backup section in iTunes and select the latest file created in it; click on it to preview the details.
- After taking a look at the contents, you may select/deselect the files in this backup so that you’re getting the documents you need.
- Then click on the Recovery key to synchronise files between the backup on Itunes and your phone or tablet.
For the once who have activated iCloud, the deleted texts can be restored by simply connecting to your account on this web page. These steps indicated on the website needs to be followed:
- Connect to the iCloud website and sign in.
- After signing in, you will see that the list of all backup files will be available on iCloud. Download these to your computer to see the details.
- In the downloaded files check for the specific message that you are looking for.
- Lastly, connect the device to the computer so that the desired document is transferred.
Restore Messages in Android:
As in iPhone, there are various applications such as Android Data Recovery (http://www.android-data-recovery.org/android-data-recovery), Kvisoft Data Recovery and much more which help to restore files that have been lost.
The one recommended by us would be Dr.Fone, also known as Android Data Recovery. The reviews of customers who have used it to recover lost data prove it to be a trustworthy tool in finding recently deleted files. Steps to be followed are indicated below-
- The software can be downloaded for $49.95 from this website (http://www.iphone-ipad-recovery.com/android-data-recovery.html) or you may also try the trial version. The tool works with Windows 7 and 8, as well as Vista and XP while Mac OS X 10.7-10.9 for Mac version. For in any case if it doesnâ€™t work for you, the money will be sent back within 30 days.
- Install the program, launch it and connect the device to the computer.
- The program guides you to the next step, i.e., to enable USB debugging by going to Settings>Applications/Developer Options/about Phone (depending on the version of OS)> USB debugging; this option needs to be checked on your tablet or phone; click on next.
- The program will detect your device by displaying the type and brand of the Android phone/tablet on the screen; you can then click on the Start key given below the Android logo.
- You will need to click on Allow whenever the message pops up on your connected device once the program begins to scan for the text messages, contacts, media files and others.
- Select the ones you want to restore as the newly found files to get displayed in a new window on the computer.
- You can both click on the Recovery button to save all the files or uncheck the unwanted files and then click on the Recovery Button on the right-hand side of the screen.
If you’ve created the backup on Google Cloud, you may restore the desired information by accessing your account. To check if you have activated this option, you may follow the below steps:
- In the Settings folder in your Main Menu, select Backup & Reset.
- The Automatic Restore option needs to be checked.
- Now click on Backup my account and select one of the options shown.
If the said option wasn’t activated and you didn’t create a recent backup by connecting the device to your PC, Mac, desktop computer, external hard drive or using an app then the only option you have is to follow the instructions given above for the Android Data Recovery application. The application is easy to use as it comes with a tutorial to guide you through the data restoration steps. This is the steps to Restore SMS/messages in Android and iOS.
You can also check: HOW TO RECOVER LOST IPHONE/IOS CONTACTS