This article intends to be a guide on how to save all your images, videos, files, apps, videos and songs from your android smartphone (both rooted and non-rooted) to your PC i.e, how to backup apps & games in Android. If you have the rooted phone then there are so many apps available that allow you take the full backup of your android apps and data on the PC. But non-rooted users can’t enjoy these free apps on the phone and are always looking for an android backup and restore app. This article intends to help you on how to take the full backup of your phone on your PC.
The process is very simple and does not take much of your time. You will need Windows PC, USB cable, and Android phone.Follow the below instructions carefully.
Back Up Apps & Games in Android without Root
1. Using Google Cloud
We can use the default Google Cloud option in Android to backup and restore apps & games in Android.
- Click on Settings>Account & sync on your phone
- Then click on your Google Account and select Auto-sync data. Now, tap on Google. Next, tap on the Gmail ID you used to sign on the phone. Then turn on all the options so that all your Google related information gets synced to the cloud. This includes your contacts, photos (uploaded to Google+, privately if you want), app data, calendar events, Chrome tabs, your Google Fit data and more.
- Now in Settings go to Backup & Reset. Check- back up my data. So, you have now successfully saved all your data with Google server. So the next time you log in to some other Android phone with the same account all your settings will be saved in your phone, which includes contacts, WiFi settings, applications data etc.
Also, check out:
2. Media files backup on your PC
You only need a USB cable and Windows PC to save all your media files like videos, images, songs ringtone using this simple method.
- First, connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and you will see your phone in My Computer folder as shown below-
- Now open your phone folder on the PC and move all the files which you want to store in your Windows PC. All your Images will be saved your DCIM folder and Songs in Music Folder as shown below
- In this way, your files can be saved on your PC which can be restored to your phone if and when needed.
3. Creating Backup for Android Apps, Contacts, SMS
For the backup of all your installed application, you have to install an app which is for free called Super Backup : SMS & Contacts. With its help you can easily backup apps, contacts, SMS, Call logs, Bookmarks & Calendars to the SD card/Google Drive/Gmail or Windows PC.
After the installation of this app on your phone take the backup of your app, contacts etc. and share them on your Gmail account. You can also move them to PC. To do this, connect your phone to the PC and copy the Sms Contacts Backup folder on your PC. Now all your contacts, apps, call, messages backup are saved on your desktop.
To reinstate them on your new phone, install the Super back again in your new phone and move the Sms Contacts Backup folder on your phone to the PC. And run the restore from the Super Backup android app. Work accomplished.